By enrolling your child in the Boise Cooperative Preschool you have initiated a rewarding and enriching experience for both you and your child. You have also become members of the Boise Cooperative Preschool Corporation, a private non-profit educational organization.
BCP is operated and managed solely by the volunteer efforts of the parents who are its members. Our only paid staff is the teachers. It is vital to the success of our school that our members fulfill their responsibilities. The Boise Cooperative Preschool depends on the members running the school through working on committees, serving on the Board of Directors, helping out where help is needed, and generally using their unique talents and energies.
As members of BCP, your minimum obligations are as follows:
- Serve as a parent helper on your scheduled days twice per month. Arrive 15 minutes early on your helper days. Pay for using the emergency parent helper, if necessary.
- Serve on one school committee or serve on the board of directors.
- Attend one housekeeping session per year – the classroom is thoroughly cleaned once a month by a group of BCP members.
- Turn in required school and teacher evaluations, usually handed out in January.
- Attend the orientation meeting prior to the first day of school and the two annual membership meetings, held mid-October and mid-April. (At membership meetings, a new group of board members are confirmed by member vote. They are usually held in conjunction with other scheduled events such as the Harvest Party in the fall and the Art Show/Fundraiser in the spring.)
- Pay registration, tuition, and fees when due and payable. Tuition is due by the 1st of each month and is considered late after the 5th. PLEASE DO NOT PAY WITH CASH!
- Submit background check form.
- Abide by the Ethics statement in your Cooperative Members Handbook.
- Abide by the by-laws of the corporation. (Copies are available in the BCP library.)